Our family values are the basis of how we operate. We work together to deliver results, whilst ensuring we do the right, responsible thing.
We fulfill all corporate social responsibilities. From workplace health & safety to recycling, this page covers our major policies, which we have in operation across all our sites. We understand our social and environmental responsibilities and endeavour to reduce the impact of our business activities on the environment.
Health & Safety Policy
We are committed to ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety of all employees while they are at work. Employees play an important role in the activities of a workplace health and safety as well as having responsibilities defined by company legislation. We corporate with all organisations and governing bodies on their individual health and safety policies.
Ethical Sourcing Policy
We are committed to ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable, products are produced and delivered ethically, this extends beyond the sourcing of products, it also includes evaluating and engaging with our suppliers.
United Fasteners Australia strives to achieve best practice and regularly consults with our supply chain, along with regular site visits both in Australia and overseas, to ensure we employ best practice.
Management and employees are expected to conduct business with honesty, integrity and in an ethical and professional manner that protects the company’s reputation and to avoid any activities that could involve unethical behaviour and/or unlawful practices.
From supply chain mapping, United Fasteners Australia’s products originate from United Kingdom, Taiwan, Germany, China, Japan, South Korea, France, Vietnam, India, and Australia.
United Fasteners Australia is currently working on creating an Ethical Framework, which will include Code of Conduct for Trade Supply.
Through the implementation of this policy, United Fasteners Australia aims to ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, the principles in ethical sourcing in supplier management and a path of continuous improvement to continually find new and better ways of operating.
Review date: 17th August 2021
At United Fasteners Australia, we recognise and respect indigenous Australians. This applies to all employees, contractors and consultants.
Our policy is to provide a guidance to the Company in increasing the engagement with indigenous Australians, to benefit, both indigenous Australians and United Fasteners Australia.
United Fasteners Australia’s policy and responsibility are on the following:
- Respecting the customs of indigenous people and their communities
- Understanding cultural protocols
- Treating all workplace colleagues and customers with a professional and respectful approach
- Providing access to employment, education, and training to indigenous Australians
- Support indigenous small business in their development and growth
- Addressing racism in the workplace
United Fasteners Australia, as industry leaders, have a responsibility to use our skills and connections to assist indigenous Australians and their communities in ensuring their success over future generations.
Review date: 22nd August 2022
Waste & Recycling
Each of our sites has recycling facilities. We actively encourage recycling of packaging and waste materials across all sites where possible.
Energy Saving Practices
We use several smart practices across all our sites to reduce our energy usage. These include: Sky lights, LED lighting, Tinted windows, Installation, Airflow ventilation.
Where possible, we recycle manufacturers packaging (bags, boxes, bubble wrap, foam etc.). The cardboard boxes we purchase are made using sustainably sourced paper materials.
Stationery & Promotional Print
We source over 90% of our stationery and promotional printed material from Australia. We use local print houses to reduce transportation.
- Company fleet: Our cars are leased and maintained on a regular basis. This ensures our vehicles are road safe and have the most efficient CO2 emissions. Our cars are ADR 79/04, CO emissions are 1.0g/km.
- Flights: We support the Fly Carbon Neutral scheme which supports accredited projects that offset our carbon footprint.
- Delivery: Each of our branch locations use local, trusted couriers to deliver products.
Charitable & Community Projects
From local fundraisers to national tragedy appeals, we support both financially and actively. Please see below some of our recent involvements:
- Drought relief
- Rally car fundraiser
- Make a difference foundation
- Raffle donation for children with disabilities
- Various local sports teams sponsorship
- Motor-sport team’s sponsorship
- Product donation for VIVID installation
- Homelessness projects
- University partnerships